The 911 Years: Back to full strength.
A few minor points to note this week. The car was due a trip to Revolution specialists for a few bits and pieces sorting, but unfortunately I had to cancel due to problems with the Audi meaning the 911 took up daily duties. This meant a couple of pressing issues had to be addressed at home, rather than in a workshop. The first being that the headlight bulb has now been fixed. The lights were pretty straightforward to replace at the back tool; Unscrew the middle screw from the rear light cluster (using a torque screwdriver) and the whole thing pulls out. Then replace bulb, test and put it back in place. 5 minute job, happy days! 🙂
I have also completed my first fully fledged attempt at mechanicing a 911; I topped up the oil. I felt very proud, and slightly nervous as the electronic dispstick showed the level rising. “Don’t put too much in,” I kept thinking “Don’t over fill it”. It worked a charm though – slow and steady – so all is well again for a while. It had a good clean yesterday from the local car wash and its back in the garage ready for work duties over the next few days whilst the Audi is out of action (again – groan!).
In the meantime, here is a picture taken last summer of some of my daughters Friends after a successful day at the fair, which I found on the hard drive after sorting some photos last night. Meet Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy;